Of course, each nation has its own traditions, customs and festivals, many of them very original, and at first incomprehensible. In General, we all have our own standards of behavior, belief and a way of expressing emotions. Ceremonial events often become a kind of ritual, which is sometimes very interesting to watch, but sometimes that is perceived as savage. I propose to draw attention to unusual holidays and festivals of different countries. Will visit America, Asia and Europe.
Festival El Colacho
This distinctive festival is held every year in the Spanish town of Castillo de Murcia in June. The goal is to jump over small children.
People collect all newborns and lie on the pillows. Then comes Colaco − disguised as a man, symbolizing the devil running. He runs up and starts to jump over children. This rite symbolizes the cleansing from disease and fears. Quite unusual, although somewhat resembles pagan traditions, some dates Slavs had celebrated by jumping over the fire.
This annual celebration takes place on Christmas in the Peruvian Andes. He concludes that fairly drunk parties converge in the circle of spectators and begin Continue reading
Late winter – early spring is the time for carnivals! Large and small, carnivals boldly walking the streets of Europe and America, attracting the attention of all the inhabitants of the globe. Carnival is a great reason to see a familiar country in a new guise.
Part of the carnival is over and the second half You could still make it. So, where are we going?
1. The Venetian carnival in Italy (from 26 February to 8 March) – probably the most ancient and most famous carnival in the world. What we will see? Holiday confetti, a procession of hundreds of Pierrot, Harlequin, Columbine and other characters, performances of Commedia-Dell’arte. Venice carnival is famous for holding the balls masquerade in the old palaces, among which the most popular is the masquerade on the water, “Bal Casanova” and “Golden night”. How much is it? If you buy a tour, a week in Venice costs from € 620 + $450 flight. You can go by bus, if You have a valid visa-the Schengen area. Then a trip to the carnival get much cheaper!
2. Brazilian carnival in Rio de Janeiro (5th to 8th March) is the big, sexy and colorful Continue reading
Annually in the world are many carnivals and festive processions. Such a colorful, bright, magical and crazy national holidays will be remembered for a lifetime. There is the most famous carnivals in the world — Brazilian, Spanish, and there are those which You were not even aware. Here are 20 of the most famous carnivals in the world:
1. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Taking place from 28 February to 4 March
The carnival in Rio de Janeiro – it’s a party in the Brazilian style. Its length is almost a day! It’s an endless parade of Samba schools, vibrant and unique costumes, Latin American drive and good mood!
2. Oktoberfest – Munich, Germany
Passes from the second half of September to the first weekend of October.
The largest world beer festival — in Munich! There are also some smaller festivals, but for this comparison was collected in 2013, an amount larger than 96 000 000$! Represent scale.
3. Festival of snow and ice – Harbin, China
Runs from 5 January to 5 February.
The biggest world event associated with ice and snow, where you can see ice sculptures, snow compositions, which height exceeds 3 meters.
4. Holi – the festival, Continue reading