Late winter – early spring is the time for carnivals! Large and small, carnivals boldly walking the streets of Europe and America, attracting the attention of all the inhabitants of the globe. Carnival is a great reason to see a familiar country in a new guise.
Part of the carnival is over and the second half You could still make it. So, where are we going?
1. The Venetian carnival in Italy (from 26 February to 8 March) – probably the most ancient and most famous carnival in the world. What we will see? Holiday confetti, a procession of hundreds of Pierrot, Harlequin, Columbine and other characters, performances of Commedia-Dell’arte. Venice carnival is famous for holding the balls masquerade in the old palaces, among which the most popular is the masquerade on the water, “Bal Casanova” and “Golden night”. How much is it? If you buy a tour, a week in Venice costs from € 620 + $450 flight. You can go by bus, if You have a valid visa-the Schengen area. Then a trip to the carnival get much cheaper!
2. Brazilian carnival in Rio de Janeiro (5th to 8th March) is the big, sexy and colorful Continue reading
Annually in the world are many carnivals and festive processions. Such a colorful, bright, magical and crazy national holidays will be remembered for a lifetime. There is the most famous carnivals in the world — Brazilian, Spanish, and there are those which You were not even aware. Here are 20 of the most famous carnivals in the world:
1. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Taking place from 28 February to 4 March
The carnival in Rio de Janeiro – it’s a party in the Brazilian style. Its length is almost a day! It’s an endless parade of Samba schools, vibrant and unique costumes, Latin American drive and good mood!
2. Oktoberfest – Munich, Germany
Passes from the second half of September to the first weekend of October.
The largest world beer festival — in Munich! There are also some smaller festivals, but for this comparison was collected in 2013, an amount larger than 96 000 000$! Represent scale.
3. Festival of snow and ice – Harbin, China
Runs from 5 January to 5 February.
The biggest world event associated with ice and snow, where you can see ice sculptures, snow compositions, which height exceeds 3 meters.
4. Holi – the festival, Continue reading
Perhaps the most famous and oldest carnival in the world. Every year Venice is clothed in the costumes of velvet, brocade and silk and tries on different masks. The carnival opens oldest Venetian festival — Festa delle Marie — the celebration in honor of the release of local girls from pirate captivity. The program of the carnival: the submission of the Commedia Dell’arte, a procession of hundreds of Harlequin, Pierrot, Columbine and other famous characters, as well as a Celebration confetti. Many rush to the carnival to take part in one of the balls masquerade, held in ancient buildings and palaces. «Bal Casanova”, masquerade on the water and, finally, the most important performance — «Golden night” — transfer of participants from the twenty-first century, several centuries ago.
Held in mid-February
In the streets the Indians and tourists, dressed up with a colorful carnival of clothing, every evening for three days on the streets of cities and villages of Goa all singing, dancing and having fun. Angels, devils, nymphs, blue and green men and other fantasy creatures fill the beaches. Everywhere going Continue reading